1. navigate to your service provider's blackberry internet service web site and log in to your account.
2. click setup account.
3. in the email address field, type the email address. leave the password field blank.
4. select the i will provide the settings to add this e-mail account option, then click next.
5. in the account type select the this is my work account option.
6. select i will provide the settings to add this email account. select this option if you access the account using pop/imap settings. click next.
- in the username field field type in your full e-mail address. (example: email@example.com)
- in the password field type your password.
- in the e-mail server field type the following*: mail.bethesdahosting.com
- in the e-mail server field type your full e-mail address (example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
*in some cases your blackberry provider will require you to enter a port number. however some blackberry devices (trios, etc...) will not have a port number field to enter it. if this is the case you can enter the port number in the e-mail server field as following:
for pop3 enter: mail.bethesdahosting.com:110
for imap enter: mail.bethesdahosting/com:143
for odnr (if port 25 is blocked by you blackberry service): mail.bethesdahosting.com:366
if the following message is displayed, the integration is complete. click ok.
7. the integrated account is listed with a green check mark in the status column (on the far right). new email messages will begin appearing on the blackberry smartphone from the integrated email account.
8. have fun e-mailing!